Listen Live
On Air Now
Tim Howard
12:00am - 6:00am

THE INVESTIGATION INTO THE DIRECTOR OF THE LEMON BAY HIGH SCHOOL THEATER IS COMPLETE AND IN HER HANDS.  CHARLOTTE COUNTY SCHOOLS SPOKESMAN MIKE REILLY TOLD WFLN NEWS THURSDAY THAT JENNIFER KELLY RECEIVED THE RESULTS OF THE INVESTIGATION EARLIER THIS WEEK AND HAS BEEN GIVEN TIME TO LOOK IT OVER.  KELLY WAS PLACE ON PAID ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE NOVEMBER 22ND FOR WHAT THE SCHOOL DISTRICT SAID WAS AN INVESTIGATION INTO PROFESSIONAL PRACTICES.  THE DISTRICT SAID THE SUSPENSION WAS NOT CONNECTED TO AN INCIDENT FIVE DAYS EARLIER IN WHICH HER ESTRANGED HUSBAND, 36 YEAR OLD MATTHEW KELLY, WAS ARRESTED FOR ATTACKING A MAN WHO WAS WORKING ON A PLAY PRODUCTION WITH KELLY.  HE WAS CHARGED WITH BATTERY AND VIOLATION OF AN INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.  REILLY SAID JENNIFER KELLY HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET REPRESENTATION FROM EITHER THE TEACHER’S UNION OR AN ATTORNEY BEFORE MEETING WITH SUPERINTENDENT DOUG WHITTAKER TO HEAR HIS RULING.  REILLY STRESSED THAT KELLY’S PUNISHMENT COULD RANGE FROM ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO TERMINATION.  THE LEMON BAY THEATER IS SCHEDULED TO PRESENT THEIR SPRING MUSICAL PHANTOM OF THE OPERA IN LATE FEBRUARY AND EARLY MARCH.